*Certified Aromatherapist, Wisdom of the Earth
*Currently in CTI, The Coaches Training Institute
*Certified Birth Doula, Doulas of North America
*Midwife's Assistant, Ina May Gaskin's Training
*Certified Teacher; Early Childhood Education
*Passionate About Women's Issues
*Dance Instructor for Children and Adults
*Certified Reiki Practioner
Explanation of Terms
- Certified Aromatherapist through Wisdom of the Earth, WOTE. They are located in Sedona, Arizona. Successfully completed courses in Aromatherapy 1 and 2. Passionate about Medicinal Grade Essential Essences. These essences are life changing on a physical, spiritual and emotional level.
- Currently Enrolled in CTI, The Coaches Training Institute. This is a one year certification program that I am currently attending and learning about coaching through this model.
- Certified Birth Doula through Doulas of North America, DONA. Attending births and supporting families since the year 2000. Supporting families with both homebirths and hospitals births. Certified in Neonatal Resuscitation.
- Certified Midwife's Assistant. Attended Ina May Gaskin's course in Tennessee at The Farm. The class focused on skills needed to assist a practicing midwife to make the birthing environment safe, pleasant and responsive to the needs of women and babies.
- Homesteading Lifestyle. Here in New England, we grow most of our own food. It does feel like we are harvesting everyday! Our lifestyle depends on the seasonal foods in our area. We start the year tapping trees and making our own maple syrup. As soon as that project is ending, we get the greenhouse going and begin to plant our seeds for the next year. All spring and summer we can be found harvesting berries and food from our yard that we sell at the local farmer's markets. Taught a workshop at NOFA, Northeast Organic Farmer's Association.
- Herbalist. Growing herbs and attending classes and workshops since the year 2000. Vendor at the Women's Herbal Conference. Created a line of products that use the highest grade materials, most of which are wildcrafted or grown locally.
- Certified Teacher. Currently holding a CT Teacher's Certificate in Early Childhood Education. Graduate summa cum laude with a double major in Psychology and Education and a minor in Special Education. Taught at a Montessori School, Public Schools and a Sudbury School. Passionate about Waldorf Education.
- Passionate About Women's Issues. Supporting women's causes, businesses, ideas and more. Attended a one month long Women's Leadership Conference in Israel. Twenty women were chosen across the world to come together and talk about their countries and lifestyle. It was called Kol Isha, Voice of Women. There were women from India, South Africa, Russia, Yugoslavia and more.
- Dance Instructor for Children and Adults. Studied West African Dance from my teacher, Abdoulaye Sylla, for over 20 years. Taught creative movement in a wide variety of public and private schools settings. Involved with a group that performed all over Connecticut and Rhode Island.
- Certified Reiki Practitioner. Certified in Reiki 1 and 2, as well as psychic surgery. Studied under Eaglemoon Raes and Bonnie Tarantino.
- Slam Poet. Enjoying entering and winning slam poetry contests. Encouraging children to do the same. Everybody has something to offer. Loving the way words can rhyme and mean many different things to different people.
- Mother. The Journey of motherhood can be the biggest teacher in this life. Teaching us where to let go and where to hold on. Teaching us not to forget about ourselves or take life too seriously. Each day with them is a blessing.